My Shopping List
Wisconsin Brie Cheesecake
Courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 65 Min.
Chill Time: 5 Hrs.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 3/4c c. graham cracker crumbs (about 13 crackers)
+ 1/4 c. light brown sugar, packed
+ 1/2 c. butter, melted
+ 16 oz. (2-8 oz. pkgs.) cream cheese, softened
+ 10 oz. Wisconsin Brie or Les Frères cheese, rind removed and softened
+ 1 c. sugar
+ seeds from 1 vanilla bean
+ 3 eggs
+ 3/4 c. heavy whipping cream
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Wrap foil around and under removable bottom of 10-inch springform pan. Replace outside ring, unwrap under foil and bring snuggly up around outside sides of pan.
2. In small bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and butter; press evenly into bottom and up sides of pan. Set in baking pan; set aside.
3. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl of electric mixer, cream together cream cheese, Brie, sugar and vanilla bean seeds. Add eggs one at a time, mixing until batter is smooth. Add cream on low speed; mix well. Pour batter over crust in pan. Place prepared pan in oven, and pour boiling water into outer baking pan, around cheesecake, to a depth of 1/2-inch. Bake 65 to 75 min. or until cheesecake is golden on top.
4. Remove cheesecake from water bath. Place on cooling rack; cool 1 hr. Cover loosely and refrigerate at least 4 hrs. or until thoroughly chilled.
5. To serve, run knife around outside edge of cheesecake; remove outside ring.